Septic System and Use Permits

A Use Permit is required for:

  • A sale or change of ownership of a property
  • A change in use of the property (i.e., a residence to a business)
  • Any addition of bedrooms
  • An addition of a separate "modular" home
  • Other reasons deemed necessary by the department

To obtain a permit, the following is required:

Use Permit inspections must be conducted by a Certified NAWT inspector. View a List of Certified Inspectors.

Permit applications may be sent to our Commerce City Office, 7190 Colorado Blvd. (S. Platte Crossing Building) or via email.


Environmental Health Office

7190 Colorado Blvd.
Ste. 200
Commerce City, CO 80022