A Use Permit is required for:
- A sale or change of ownership of a property
- A change in use of the property (i.e., a residence to a business)
- Any addition of bedrooms
- An addition of a separate "modular" home
- Other reasons deemed necessary by the department
To obtain a permit, the following is required:
- Application for a Septic Use Permit
- Use Permit Inspection Form
- Use Permit Deficiency Repair Verification Form (if applicable)
- Agreement to Forego Expansion (if applicable)
- Agreement to Repair a Septic (if applicable)
Use Permit inspections must be conducted by a Certified NAWT inspector. View a List of Certified Inspectors.
Permit applications may be sent to our Commerce City Office, 7190 Colorado Blvd. (S. Platte Crossing Building) or via email.