Schedule Your Appointment Using Our Online Scheduler
Our department issues certified birth and death certificates that occurred in any Colorado county. Certified birth and death certificates are legal documents that are printed on forgery-resistant safety paper with watermarks, raised engraving, background security patterns, and a unique certificate identification number.
Make your appointment using our online scheduler.
Death Certificate Application
- Death Certificate Application
- Solicitud de Certificado de Defuncion
- Acceptable Identity Verification Documents
- Documentos aceptables para verificar la identidad
Who Can Order
- The person named on the birth record
- Members of the immediate family (Proof of relationship is required)
- Legal representatives of those named above
- Others demonstrating a direct and tangible interest in the record
- The person's full name as it appears on the birth/death record
- Date and place of birth/death
- Parent's names along with mother's full maiden name
- Purpose for the copy
- Applicant's relationship to the person on the certificate
- Applicant's signature
- Payment for the number of copies requested
- Photocopy of the requestor's valid identification
Ways to Order:
1) In-Person by Appointment
Schedule an appointment for a Death Certificate at our Commerce City office, Adams County Service Center Building, 7190 Colorado Blvd., Suite 170 (720.200.1401). In-person payments can be made by cash, check, money order, or credit card. Certificates are issued same day if record is ready for issuance in our system. Certificates are typically issued within 20 minutes.
2) By Email
Request a certificate by emailing us at [email protected]. Please include application, ID verification, and payment information.
Download and complete a birth or death certificate application above. Send the complete application, by mail, to our Commerce City Vital Records office, 7190 Colorado Blvd., Suite 170, Commerce City, CO 80022. Be sure to include a check or money order, along with a photocopy of the requestor's ID. Please make checks and money orders payable to: Adams County Vital Records.
Certified Death Certificates & Fees
We can issue certified death certificates for deaths that occurred in any Colorado county. Copies can also be ordered through the funeral home making arrangements. Death certificates for a veteran of the armed forces can receive one free Veterans Administration Office copy. Fees are $20 for the first copy and $13 for each additional copy of the same death certificate if ordered at the same time. Expedited UPS shipping (2 Day) is available for email/mail orders for an additional $25.