Starting September 2024, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) has tasked Adams County Health Department with conducting regular inspections of public and private schools.
Within Adams County, we currently work with schools for inspections of cafeterias, pools, before and after care programs and licensed early childhood education programs. You can expect our same inspection staff to conduct these new health and safety checks beginning fall of 2024. As always, our team will work to make sure you have the resources you need for a successful school inspection.
Over the next several months, we’ll be working with CDPHE to better understand the inspection requirements. We will then begin hosting several educational opportunities starting this spring semester of 2024 to help you prepare. We look forward to working with you and will continue to provide more details as the inspection program is rolled out.
In the meantime, please become familiar with the CDPHE Health and Safety Regulations for Schools:
Additional resources to assist in preparing for school inspections can be found here:
- Guidance document for complying with the rules and regulations governing schools in the state of Colorado
- A school’s quick guide to a successful inspection
- Resources and trainings
- General compliance guidance for schools
- Chemical management guidance for schools
- Combined prohibited and restricted chemicals list