An On Site Wastewater Treatment System (OWTS), commonly known as a septic system, treats the wastewater on an individual’s property. Septic systems are installed on properties that cannot be served by a wastewater utility. Adams County Health Department permits the installation, repair, and use of these systems in our jurisdiction.
All Onsite Wastewater Treatment System designers, soil evaluators, installers, inspectors, operation and maintenance providers, and pumpers will be required to obtain the National Association of Wastewater Technicians (NAWT) training course for the discipline they want to work in. More information about upcoming classes is available at www.cpow.net. For more information, contact your local field office.
Information, Permits and Forms
- Rules & Regulations – CDPHE Regulation 43 and local Regulation O-17
- Septic Permit Process – Information on how to apply for a septic permit
- Use Permits - permits for a transfer of title
- OWTS Use Permit FAQs
- Submittal Checklists
- Proper Land Application of Septage Brochure
- Education & Care – Information on how to maintain and care for your septic system
- Septic Professionals – Additional educational information for septic professionals
- List of Certified Professionals – Find a certified professional for all of your septic needs
- Fee Schedule
- Septic System Record Search - Look up existing septic system records
Environmental Health Office
7190 Colorado Blvd.
Commerce City, CO 80022