Special Events

A Special Event food establishment is a food establishment that operates at a fixed location for a period of time not to exceed 14 consecutive days in conjunction with a single event or celebration.

  • Special events DO NOT include regularly scheduled events at sporting arenas, concert halls and venues, flea markets, or farmers' markets, or events served by licensed caterers or promotional events such as grand openings.
  • All food vendors participating in a Special Event must have a license to operate as either a Mobile Food Unit or as a Special Event Vendor (Cottage Foods are excepted). Contact our Environmental Health Office for assistance with licensing.

Special Event Coordinators must fill out the following Special Event Coordinator Application Form:

Coordinator Applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event. Applications submitted with fewer than 30 days before the event will be charged a $50 late fee in addition to the $100 application fee. Please e-mail the completed application to: [email protected].

Special Food Event Vendor Info and Forms

  • Special Event Vendor Guidelines/Application (if you have previously submitted a Special Food Event Vendor Application to ACHD, and your menu has not significantly changed, you are NOT required to submit another one. A current menu, a current commissary agreement, a current Department of Revenue License, and payment are all still required however).   
  • Commissary Agreement
  • Special Event Vendor Renewal - English
  • Special Event Vendor Renewal - Spanish

Vendor Applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the event. Please e-mail the completed vendor application to: [email protected].

Special Food Event Licensing Fees

  • Special Event License: $165
  • Special Event Late Fee: $50 per late application
  • Special Event Inspection (per inspector): $60 per hour


Environmental Health Office
7190 Colorado Blvd, Ste 200
Commerce City, CO 80022